Monday, May 17, 2010

Blogging vs. facebook

Well, I can see that I still have not received a SINGLE comment since bringing my blog back from the dead. But you know what? That's okay. Because I know that eventually the world will become addicted to my witty and excitement filled posts and I will have to stop allowing comments because I will be overwhelmed with them.

And then I woke up...

But in all seriousness, I wanted to write a little bit about why I now prefer blogging over facebook. My first reason is that nobody on earth, save one person, knows this is my blog. As a result, I can say or do almost anything on here and nobody knows just who it is saying it. There's a great deal of freedom that comes with this almost complete anonymity. Whereas on facebook, anything I write can be viewed by everybody, and it is immediately attributed to me. So my complaining about being alone, about my mom, about my lack of a Jeep, about my extreme dislike for people that clip their keys to their belt loop and let them just dangle there are instantly read by others causing them to form an opinion about me. But here, people can form any sort of opinion they want, but it makes no difference because they have nobody to pin it on. All they have is a pseudonym--an invisible being somewhere out in cyberspace.

And my second reason is that here I can talk about anything that's on my mind. If I want to talk about guns and blowing stuff up, I can. If girls are on my mind, I can just as easily talk about those. If my mom is being particularly aggravating, I can come here and vent. Complain about the President? Well, I better be careful with that one. Free speech will soon be a thing of the past. I can talk about myself, I can speak my mind, I can say and do almost anything and it won't make a difference in the world. Mainly because nobody ever reads my blog, but also because that is what blogs are for. They are here so the author can talk about anything they wish. And that is exactly what I intend to do.

No comments: