Tuesday, February 19, 2008

School

I really hate school. I know it's necessary and all that, but I just hate it. The kids drive me nuts, certain teachers annoy me, they have pointless rules. It all adds up to a thoroughly maddening day.
I've come up with a theory of what makes the days so bad for me. It goes like this: Almost no high school student gets enough sleep every night. Either by choice or not, we all get to school tired and wanting to sleep. Sadly, we can't. All we can do is sit there. Sitting while sleepy is not a good combination. The result is an amplified problem--we get sleepier. If there was a way we could move around during the day, other than walking between classes, that would make things so much better for me.
Now don't get me wrong, not every day is a bad one. Some are worse than others, but I never really have a great day. Pretty much the same thing happens every day. There is no variety.
Anyway, I want to get out of school. I'm sure that once I get out I'll want to get back in. But, hey, I'm a kid. It's my chance to complain.

No comments: